About Soundwave Entertainment

Soundwave Entertainment Systems® is a comprehensive Orlando entertainment company specializing in Mixing DJs & Professional MCs, LED Lighting Design, Special Effects, Photo Booths and Guitarist. Based in Orlando and serving Central Florida since 2001, Soundwave has celebrated more than 5,000 Weddings and 1,000s of Corporate and Convention events.

The company is proudly owned and managed by husband and wife Les Kopasz and Wendy Goelz. Les and Wendy are a dynamic team and well-known for their wedding expertise. Buffalo, NY natives, since opening Soundwave in Orlando in 2001, they have been credited with raising the wedding bar to an all time high. Never adhering to cookie-cutter formats, Soundwave works closely with every client to ensure a highly customized celebration, with lots of attention to personal details.  The company is most known for its expertise in Weddings.

Owner Les Kopasz is Orlando’s most sought after Wedding DJ and Professional MC. His DJ career began in his teen years where he performed at major nightclubs in Buffalo and Niagara Falls, and spun live to air on Buffalo’s KISS 98.5. Les and Wendy and their then 1 year old son Dylan moved to Orlando in 2001 and established Soundwave Entertainment Systems. With a lot of hard work, sweat, some tears and lots of prayers, the Soundwave story began.

Today, Soundwave prides itself as being THE Orlando Wedding Experts. The company has a small handful of Exceptionally Skilled DJs who are Professional MCs and Beat Mix Experts, NOT button pushers.  They are known for spectacular LED Lighting Design and offer Special Effects and Enhancements as a comprehensive entertainment company.  Weddings comprise 90% of  Soundwave business…we LOVE weddings; weddings are our passion!  The other 10% is corporate and convention events, school dances and some social celebrations.

Since Soundwave’s inception, the company is led by Les Kopasz and managed by wife Wendy. Averaging 300+ weddings and events a year, Les and Wendy are at the forefront of the company running the daily operations.  But when it comes to celebrations and events, our highly decorated and award-winning DJ Team, Assistants, Lighting and Photo Booth Techs make the magic. Over the years Soundwave DJs have been honored with every prestigious award:

  • Vendor’s Choice Awards
  • 5-Carat Diamond Awards
  • The Knot Magazine Best DJs
  • WeddingWire Bride’s Choice Awards

When Les and Wendy take a break and recharge their creative batteries, they can be found at their Florida Keys vacation home, a life long dream that came to fruition in 2021.  When in the Keys, they enjoy the salt life on their boat “Nauti Beats” soaking up the sun, enjoying off shore fishing, and of course lobstering.  They love spending time on the water with their son Dylan, who also works with Soundwave, and Daughter in Law Selest. They also enjoy boating on the inland lakes in Orlando, primarily the Butler Chain.

Owners Les Kopasz and Wendy Goelz